Food, Function and Fitness Program
Center for Creative Arts Healthy Strategies & Techniques to Achieve Results (STAR) Program aligns with the Coordinated School Health Initiative. The six-week curriculum combines media theory with a foundation of anatomy and nutritional development. Providing students with a coordinated and comprehensive approach to health and wellbeing.
After participating in this course students will:
• Have the knowledge to identify and select healthier snacks and beverages
• Have specific exercises they can participate in to enhance their health through physical activity
• Be able to make decisions around healthy lifestyle choices
• Implement a plan that will make positive changes to the food environment in their community
• Have a plan to maintain the practices of this course
The Healthy STAR Program aims to reach 1000 students every school year; serving 500 students each semester.